"American Community Church of Santa Susanna" Top 5 Page for this destination Christian Rome Tip by icunme
Christian Rome, Rome: 125 reviews and 207 photos
After mistakenly entering the Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria I did manage to make my way a few doors south on Via Settembre to the American Church of Santa Susanna. It was crowded and Mass was in progress - in English and accompanied by a full choir singing and the music of Easter. A wonderful double "doubting Thomas" First Sunday after Easter. The two churches were both designed by the same architect, Giovanni Battista Soria (a favorite architect of Cardinal Scipione Borghese) but depict very different styles.
The American Catholic Community in Rome has been a thriving parish for 80 years. They provide a home-away-from-home for English-speaking people living in Rome and their mission states their calling to be a place of welcome. There is a volume of information and extraordinary services for the visitor - including a web form to request a Papal audience or blessing. Check them out before you come to Rome.
The Church is open every day from 9 to 12 Noon and again from 4 to 7 PM. Rome churches are closed in the afternoon.
(photos courtesy Roberto Piperno)
othercontact: From U.S. 011-3906-4201-4554
More Off The Beaten Path in Rome (56)
More Reviews (185)
- See All Sushi in Rome
- See All CARAVAGGIO Exhibit - Palazzo Venezia
- See All 3-star in 5-star location
- See All Biggest MALL in Rome - Parco Leonardo
- See All Low Cost Airport Transfer - USO Rome...
- See All Christmas Eve 7 Fish Traditional Dinner
- See All Should I rent a scooter to see Rome?
- See All Tram
- See All Bike and Hike along the Via Appia Antica
- See All JONATHAN'S ANGELS - not an angel seen...
- Villa Borghese overpriced and surley...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
icunme's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels