"Foxen Canyon Wine Trail" Solvang Things to Do Tip by depinski

Solvang Things to Do: 80 reviews and 180 photos

The wine tasting is THE thing to do around Solvang being surrounded by many wineries such as the popular Firestone winery of Bachelor fame and my personal favorite Andrew Murray. The last one is little known but well worth it. This was by far the best wine I tasted. I went on something called the Foxen Canyon Wine Trail that lets you tour all the wineries around Solvang for $25. This is a similar path followed by the protagonists of the movie Sideways. I myself followed the map provided and stumbled into Adrew Murray winery near the Firestone winery. Stumbled, since according to the owner Andrew Murrey who poured us our wine, most people were at the tasting room a few miles away. We were not the only ones that stumbled in and AM folks had a nice welcome platter of cheeses and fruit to go with the wine. Their wine was excellent and the only wine I actually bought on my trip.

Address: 1651 Copenhagen, Solvang, CA, 93463
Directions: Follow the gravel road past firestone, past some oil wells, and you'll hit Adrew Murray winery. Wineries and tasting rooms are a few miles from Solvang and in Los Alamos.
Website: http://www.foxenwinetrail.com/

• Written Apr 23, 2006

Have you been to Solvang?