First Hotel: "My Top Choice for a Malpensa Hotel" Milan Hotel Tip by Jetgirly

Bathroom

Bathroom
      Bedroom
    by Jetgirly

I stayed at the First Hotel for one night before my flight from Malpensa. It is located midway between Terminal One and Terminal Two, and the hotel offers 24-hour shuttle service. The trip takes five minutes and for the Hotel -> Airport trip you must book your spot in advance.

It took 20 minutes (from my phone call) for the shuttle to pick me up from the aiport. The driver was very friendly and carried my bags all the way to my room. Check-in was a breeze and they offered me a non-smoking room and the option of waiting five minutes for passport-processing or picking my document up later.

The actual hotel room was nice. It had a huge bed, air conditioning, television with BBC, CNN and SKY News, good chocolates and a CD-ROM that I could take home with information about the hotel (useless but fun). The bathroom had a good shower and gigantic towels, plus a good selection of bath and body products including a floral facial cream. Pay-per-view movies were available, but the same movie would be repeated all day, followed by a different movie the next day, so you didn't have a choice as to what you watched. Cost was EUR 10.

The only negative aspect of the hotel is the restaurant. Although the food was quite good, the prices were EXTREMELY high. 500 ml of water cost EUR 3.50, my salad and dessert both cost EUR 8, and the real killer was the plate of grilled vegetables and scarmorza cheese that was EUR 16. Meat dishes were even more expensive. I didn't notice any restaurants on the drive from the airport to the hotel, so I don't know if there are other dining options in the area. Service in the restaurant was fine, and a fairly good breakfast was included (there were eggs and bacon in addition to bread, rolls, jams, etc.)

You'll see from my tips that I previously stayed at a different hotel near Malpensa, but it didn't even remotely compare to the First Hotel (and there was only a EUR 10 price difference). Online, I booked a single room for EUR 110 per night, but saw last-minute prices for EUR 100.

Address: Via Baracca 34
Comparison: about average
Directions: Varese, near the Malpensa airport.
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.firsthotel.it

• Updated Nov 29, 2006

Comments

Jetgirly

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Have you been to Milan?