Savoia: "Try Some Piemontese Food!" Top 5 Page for this destination Savoia Tip by Jetgirly

Savoia, Torino: 1 reviews and 0 photos

I went to Savoia on the recommendation of one of my guide books, for my last dinner in Torino. We went on Wednesday night and found few other diners, but a very international crowd (lots of businesspeople seem to bring foreign visitors here). The restaurant is in the heart of the Quadrilatero Romano, near Piazza Savoia, and can be accessed by foot from Porta Nuova or Porta Susa. This isn't the type of restaurant where you can wear jeans and a baseball hat (although well-maintained, smart casual clothing is fine)- the door is kept locked and you must be allowed in. Savoia is known for serving traditional Piemontese cuisine.

We all had the set menus, although I had to ask for a vegetarian adaptation. We started with delicious pasta: tagliatelle, peas, beans, asparagus, carrots, etc in a mild saffron sauce. The saffron sauce on the pasta was great- really unusual. The other diners went on to beef and potatos, while I was served a great vegetable torte (unfortunately it was about one-third the size of the meat dishes). For dessert we had fresh strawberries and cream. With a bottle of red wine shared amongst four people, the bill came to EUR 30 per person.

Address: Via Corte d'Apello 13
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: One block north of Via Garibaldi, near Piazza Savoia.
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Updated May 25, 2006

Comments

Jetgirly Used To Live Here!

Jetgirly

“I've come to eat all of your fruits and vegetables.”

Have you been to Torino?