"The Night Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Things to Do Tip by thedouglas
Luang Prabang Things to Do: 461 reviews and 1,015 photos
This market starts to set up as soon as the sun sets - and its a lovely, somewhat leisurely thing to do in the evenings as you digest dinner, or work up to dinner. We stayed right beside the start of the market in Sisavanvong Road, and strolled along it each night - never leaving empty handed!
The range of handwoven cotton and silk textiles and the beautiful Hmong handmade applique and embroidered bedcovers, wallhangings and various other little items, the intricate and colourful embroidery and woven scarves and tablescloths are to behold, and admire the work and time spent making these items. We bought our daughter a bedcover set for about US$30, and I did not realise that the backing was silk until we got home! There were also plenty of other goodies at the market, such as products from the local handmade saa paper and pictures. I also bought some old stone axes and an opium pipe - all at bargain prices. I wish I had bought more!
You simply can't go to Luang Prabang and miss this - even if you aren't a shopper!
More Things to Do in Luang Prabang (14)
More Reviews (32)
- See All The kids are killers to bargain with!
- See All Use What's Available
- See All Eating out at the night market
- See All Mount Phousi from the Back Entrance!
- See All Rattan Ball - a game you see everywhere!
- See All Eureka!!! A ONE day boat to Luang...
- See All Don't sit too close to the street!
- See All Buy a Bedcover from the Markets
- Wild nightlife in Luang Prabang!
- Mosquito Repellent
- Clean and central guesthouse
Been to Luang Prabang?Share your travels with the world!
thedouglas' Related Pages
Have you been to Luang Prabang?Share Your Travels