"Le Chien - the ultimate fashion accessory" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Local Custom Tip by NiceLife
Nice Local Customs: 86 reviews and 90 photos
Four-legged equivalent to the 4x4 SUV - the samoyed is the next fashion statement. No slipper-chewing family friend this. More wolf-like than a handbag fitting "naugh-ty naugh-ty boy". You couldn't think of a dog less suited to a hot mediterranean climate, but no more unsuited than an off the road 4x4 is to Riviera roads. Its sort of an "four-paw off the road dog"
Fellas, forget the yellow Lamborghini - this is the ultimate babe-magnet. Every passing mademoiselle stopped to ask about the breed and drop admiring compliments. Passing lady poodles went weak at the knees and barked excitedly. A dog fit for a catwalk.
Dog on a leash says "I live here! I'm not a tourist!" There are more subtle overtones too. In a city of small apartments, owning a big dog suggests perhaps you might have a villa. I like the "we have one each". And are they male and female samoyeds? Are children are really just pet-substitutes?
This afternoon walking back from the shops in South London a group of five young men of West Indian origin strutted by, each with a charcoal-grey pit-bull terrier straining on a black leather silver-studded collar and leash. Clearly the "right" dog is now an essential fashion accessory
More Reviews (171)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All Riviera Road Safety and two wheels
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels