"See the Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom" Top 5 Page for this destination Yeouido Island Tip by AKtravelers
Yeouido Island, Seoul: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Like Washington D.C. and many places in Japan, Seoul is known for its beautiful spring cherry blossoms. There are cherry trees all over the city, but the best place to see them according to the locals I asked is on Yeouido, a small high-rise studded island in the Han River that also holds the National Assembly building. The western portion of the island is closed to traffic when the trees are at peak and crowds of people walk the blocked-off streets to admire the blossoms. I was there on April 11 2006 and the trees were at peak. Just like Washington, only half the attraction is the blossoms -- the other joy is watching the people that accumulate for the spectacle, as you'll see when I add a travelogue on the blossoms.
Directions: Take subway line 5 to Yeouinaru or Yeouido Station.
More Things to Do in Seoul (19)
More Reviews (45)
- See All The Disappearing Kimchi Jars
- See All Learn the Hangul Alphabet
- See All The Graves of Baekje Kings, Right in...
- See All Traditional Korean Food = Many Dishes
- See All Myeongong: The Great Shopping Area
- See All A TopEnd Business Hotel That is too...
- See All Soju: The National Drink
- Traffic is Hell -- Take the Subway!
- It's Easy and Cheap to See a Korea...
- Pack for Washington DC-like Weather
- See All Beware of Street Food
Been to Seoul?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels