"Goethe statue sets trend in Villa Borghese" Top 5 Page for this destination Villa Borghese Tip by icunme
Villa Borghese, Rome: 78 reviews and 154 photos
In 1903 the German Emperor William II commissioned a statue to commemorate the Roman sojourn of Goethe and this was placed in Villa Borghese. Other governments followed and meet many world renowned poets: Puskin, in particular seems to enjoy the Roman sunshine and rightly so, as he was used to the never-ending Russian winter nights. The Persian Firdousi and the Egyptian Shawky were more accustomed to a bright light. Many other notables can be found in the busts that adorn Piazza Bucarest on the Villa Borghese's Pincio.
Photo and reference text by Permission Roberto Piperno - granted for non-commercial purpose only. Visit Roberto's website: http://www.romeartlover.it/
Address: Via Aldrovandi, Via Raimondi (2 entries), Via Pinciana (2 entries), Piazzale Sao Paulo, Piazzale Flaminio Square Cervantes, Rome Italy
Directions: Villa Borghese
Phone: +39 06 0608
More Reviews (181)
- See All Orto Botanico - Garden Oasis for nature...
- See All Sushi in Rome
- See All 3-star in 5-star location
- See All Biggest MALL in Rome - Parco Leonardo
- See All Low Cost Airport Transfer - USO Rome...
- See All Christmas Eve 7 Fish Traditional Dinner
- See All Should I rent a scooter to see Rome?
- See All Tram
- See All Bike and Hike along the Via Appia Antica
- See All JONATHAN'S ANGELS - not an angel seen...
- Villa Borghese overpriced and surley...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
icunme's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels