"Xhosa fertility dance" Cape Town Local Custom Tip by Jenniflower
Cape Town Local Customs: 53 reviews and 49 photos
Fertility dances are traditional, and if a couple has not conceived, this dance will be performed. A weird (and unfair!) thing is that, in this culture, if a couple remains barren, the blame ALWAYS falls on the woman, never the man... and should she seek 'attention' elsewhere, there will be huge disgrace on her, but should he do this? Nothing happens, it is almost expected and he's seen to be more of a man.
More Reviews (87)
- See All General info on Cape Town
- See All Cheap accommodation in Cape Town
- What to bring with?
- See All Oudtshoorn
- See All Mother of pizza :)
- See All Shark awareness whilst surfing or...
- See All Sculpture market on the roadside
- Rugby in the sand!
- See All Robben Island Museum
- See All Camps Bay bars and restaurants
- See All Victoria & Alfred Harbour
Been to Cape Town?Share your travels with the world!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Have you been to Cape Town?Share Your Travels