"Xhosa colours" Cape Town Local Custom Tip by Jenniflower
Cape Town Local Customs: 53 reviews and 49 photos
Xhosas are often called the 'Red Blanket People'. Their traditional colours are ochre (an orangey yellow colour) and red. An orangey red, not a fire engine red. This colour seeps into every aspect of their lives, their clothing, housing and decoration. It is often made up of an earthy clay.
More Reviews (87)
- See All General info on Cape Town
- See All Cheap accommodation in Cape Town
- What to bring with?
- See All Oudtshoorn
- See All Mother of pizza :)
- See All Shark awareness whilst surfing or...
- See All Sculpture market on the roadside
- Rugby in the sand!
- See All Robben Island Museum
- See All Camps Bay bars and restaurants
- See All Victoria & Alfred Harbour
Been to Cape Town?Share your travels with the world!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Have you been to Cape Town?Share Your Travels