"Xhosas, the 'clicking' people :)" Cape Town Local Custom Tip by Jenniflower
Cape Town Local Customs: 53 reviews and 49 photos
The Xhosa language has clicking sounds throughout it. Hard to do with ones tongue (yes, I have tried! haha), it is a hollow sound.
When I had my handmade paper manufacturing business in the Cape, many of my employees were Xhosa, and we would spend many a day trying to teach other how to speak the others' language :) Needless to say, their English was ALOT better than my 'clicking' Xhosa!
Fond memories indeed...
More Reviews (87)
- See All General info on Cape Town
- See All Cheap accommodation in Cape Town
- What to bring with?
- See All Oudtshoorn
- See All Mother of pizza :)
- See All Shark awareness whilst surfing or...
- See All Sculpture market on the roadside
- Rugby in the sand!
- See All Robben Island Museum
- See All Camps Bay bars and restaurants
- See All Victoria & Alfred Harbour
Been to Cape Town?Share your travels with the world!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Have you been to Cape Town?Share Your Travels