"Xhosa beliefs" Cape Town Local Custom Tip by Jenniflower
Cape Town Local Customs: 53 reviews and 49 photos
Xhosas are traditionally ancestral worshippers, placing high regard upon their ancestors. Nowadays there is a mix between an acknowledgement of God and ancestor.
The whole concept of death and burial has complex beliefs and rituals, and a funeral may last for days - believe you me, I know all about it... I had staff gone for days on compassionate leave. With AIDS being at crisis point now, most funerals are somehow AIDS related.
More Reviews (87)
- See All General info on Cape Town
- See All Cheap accommodation in Cape Town
- What to bring with?
- See All Oudtshoorn
- See All Mother of pizza :)
- See All Shark awareness whilst surfing or...
- See All Sculpture market on the roadside
- Rugby in the sand!
- See All Robben Island Museum
- See All Camps Bay bars and restaurants
- See All Victoria & Alfred Harbour
Been to Cape Town?Share your travels with the world!
Jenniflower's Related Pages
Have you been to Cape Town?Share Your Travels