"Rio de Janeiro" Brazil Things to Do Tip by realde14
Brazil Things to Do: 373 reviews and 547 photos
I just returned from Carnaval in Rio and it was simply amazing. I have been to Rio over a dozen times but this was the first time I actually stayed for Carnaval.
Rio probably has one of the most stunning settings of any city in the world. There are so many places to visit, it can be almost overwhelming. Because of its great natural setting, the warmth of the Cariocas and the beach lifestyle, Rio de Janeiro is for me one of my top five favorite destinations in the world, and the first place you should viist in Brazil. And if you don't feel like sightseeing, there is always the beach.
Rio is pretty much a city of neighboorhoods, each with its distinct own charm and caracteristics:
- Touristy Copacabana with its great beach and adjacent Leme
- Ipanema, where the beautiful people hang out
- Upscale Leblon, adjacent to Ipanema
- Centro, where most of the historic buildings and museums can be found
- Botafogo, Flamengo, Lapa, Laranjera, Lagoa, Urca, residential Barra da Tijuca: they are all worth a visit
More Reviews (1)
realde14's Related Pages
Have you been to Brazil?Share Your Travels