"Snorkel Molokini Crater" Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Things to Do Tip by Albernfrau

Maui Things to Do: 486 reviews and 992 photos

Molokin Crater
by Albernfrau

This was only the 2nd time I snorkelled; the first being for 20 mins. the day before in shallow water at the beach. Oh and I don't swim well at all and am terrified of deep water...but I did it. Maui Dive Shop took us out and they couldn't have been better. Our two guides were totally understanding about me being a beginner and gave me great instruction and a snorkel flotation vest.

We had two guides and 5 other snorkellers. Usually they said they would have 24 people. Because they have a 32' boat they get an anchoring spot on the left side of Molokini Crater which is the best part of the crater to snorkel so say many including "Maui Revealed". It didn't disappoint! It was stunning. It was crystal clear and there were colourful fish everywhere!!!!! We also saw an eel. Luckily I didn?t see a shark but others in our group did. After we had fully explored the crater our boat took us a few miles away to Turtle Town. The water here wasn?t as clear but we still got to swim with a few turtles.

32' boat
7am - 10:15am - daily
$49.95US adult/$44.95 age 4-12
Snacks and beverages included.

If you want a larger boat and a bbq go with the larger companies. Some of them take 140 people at a time and most cost around $100US.

Address: 1455 South Kihei Road
Directions: From Lahaina / Kaanapali to Maui Dive Shop Outlet Store
Drive South on Honoapiilnai Highway (HWY 30)
Turn Right onto North Kihei Road (HWY 310)
Turn Right on South Kihei Rd.
End at 1455 South Kihei Road.

Phone: 1-800-542-DIVE
Website: http://www.mauidiveshop.com

• Updated Apr 19, 2006

“One cannot ever see enough of this beautiful world!”

Have you been to Maui?