Restaurante Casa Santa Pola: "Exceptional Food - Exceptional Service - Ronda" Spain Restaurant Tip by ellsasha

Spain Restaurants: 272 reviews and 242 photos

This restaurant is special, I was traveling on my own and the staff immediately made me feel very comfortable. Each time I went there I was ushered to a table with a beautiful view of the gorge, bread and olives and other appetizers were quickly brought to the table. The wine waiters were quick to recommend excellent house wines which they thought would compliment my lunch selections (even if this involved them opening a new bottle, no trying to push whatever is already open in this establishment). The waiters were attentive without being intrusive, and they were courteous in encouraging me when I ordered my meals in Spanish. Some of the waiters speak good English, though.

The menu is not vast, but each dish is well thought out and designed to please the palate, all in all an outstandingly good restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The Iberian Cured Ham (Jamon Iberico) a speciality of the region was outstanding. Queso Cabrinete Caliente en Crujiente pasta fillo (hot goat cheese wrapped in a fillo dough served with pinenuts and a vinegarette and mustard sauce) was mouthwateringly delicious, Solomillo de Cerda Iberico en Agridulce (Medallions of Iberian pork served with a fig and orange sauce crystallized with tea syrup) was the best variation of a plain pork thyme that I have ever tasted.

Address: c/ Santo Domingo, 3, Ronda, Andalucia
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Cross over the New Bridge to the old town; turn left after the Convent of Santo Domingo, walk down the cobbled street and the restaurant is on the left hand side.
Phone: 95 287 92 08
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.ronda.net/usuar/Santapola/

• Updated Apr 15, 2006

Comments

ellsasha Visits Here Frequently!

ellsasha

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not." Ralph Waldo Emmerson”

Have you been to Spain?