Anglesea Arms: "Anglesea Arms - West London Gastro Pub" Top 5 Page for this destination The Anglesea Arms Tip by sue_stone

The Anglesea Arms, London: 1 reviews and 5 photos

Anglesea Arms
      Anglesea Arms
      The dining area at the Anglesea Arms
      fish & chips
    by sue_stone
      Alex and his delicious lunch
      that tasty dessert
    by sue_stone

I do love a good Gastro Pub - a pub that serves really good food and wine - and I had read that the Anglesea Arms was one of the best in West London. So when we needed somewhere to go for lunch on Good Friday, as we were in the area, I decided that it was time to try it out for myself.

The pub is located in a beautiful street, with renovated coloured terraces and beautiful blossom trees. It is just the type of local you would want. Friendly and cosy, huge comfy sofa by the fire place and a small dining area dishing up fabulous food. No reservations are taken, so get there early.

We arrived around 12.30pm and were in luck - a nice little table was available for us. We took a seat and checked out the blackboard menu while munching on the complimentary fresh-baked bread.

Favorite Dish: I decided on the Fish & Chips, with Mushy peas. It was tasty and perfect for lunch. Alex, as usual, ordered the most delicious thing on the menu - the Roast Gloucester Old Spot Pork Belly, with mustard mash, savoy cabbage and apple sauce. The pork just melted in your mouth.

We shared a dessert - the Sticky Date Pudding, with Butterscotch sauce and Vanilla ice-cream. was one of the best I have had, the sauce being particularly good.

Service was friendly and relaxed and the atmosphere was great. I would highly recommend the Anglesea arms and am already looking forward to a return visit.

Address: 35 Wingate Road, London, W6 0UR
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Nearest tube: Ravenscourt Park or Goldhawk Road
Phone: 020 8749 1291
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4

• Updated Apr 15, 2006

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?