"Ancient Romans Spa Experience" Top 5 Page for this destination Outside Rome Tip by icunme
Outside Rome, Rome: 133 reviews and 186 photos
For a spa experience sililar to that beloved of the ancient Romans, head out of Rome to the Terme dei Papi in Viterbo. There you benefit from water of nearby springs famed for their healing properties. Treatments are numerous and non-gimmicky, and the spa's piece de resistance is a spectacular grotto carved out of the rock which forms a natural sauna.
Best for those who want to make at least a day of it: the spa is situated out of Rome, offering a real get-away-from-it-all experience. It's not the place for a quick facial between shopping and sightseeing. Book treatments individually, or choose one of the spa's programs, which last up to a week, for serious pampering. Also recommended for those with nagging aches and pains - expert masseurs will sooth them away.
A shuttle bus service runs Mon-Sat between Piazza Mancini in Rome and Terme dei Papi. Buses leave Rome at 8:30 a.m. and depart from Terme at 1:15 p.m. - phone in advance to book a seat Euro 8. By car, tak Via Cassia - Orte exit.
Termi dei Papi, Strada Bagni, 12 - Viterbo.
More Off The Beaten Path in Rome (56)
More Reviews (185)
- See All Sushi in Rome
- See All CARAVAGGIO Exhibit - Palazzo Venezia
- See All 3-star in 5-star location
- See All Biggest MALL in Rome - Parco Leonardo
- See All Low Cost Airport Transfer - USO Rome...
- See All Christmas Eve 7 Fish Traditional Dinner
- See All Should I rent a scooter to see Rome?
- See All Tram
- See All Bike and Hike along the Via Appia Antica
- See All JONATHAN'S ANGELS - not an angel seen...
- Villa Borghese overpriced and surley...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
icunme's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels