"Before I go into much detail..." Walking Tours Tip by NineMiles

Walking Tours, Munich: 16 reviews and 34 photos

Before I go into much detail on my Munich trip, I want you to know that it was my first time in Europe, and we only had 12 hours to spend in the city. Thus, most of what we did there was pretty typical and tame, but nonetheless a whole lot of fun.

As far as activities, we simply strolled all over the place -- the Marienplatz is where we spent the most of our time. Great shops, good restaurants and beautiful structures everywhere you looked.

After our visit to the Hofbrau, my wife and I went to a nice little garden (the picture at the top of the page was taken there). Everyone there sat on a bench and just soaked up the sun. We were pretty full, so we allowed ourselves to doze off on one of the benches for a short while. What could be better?
The buildings were magnificent. Certainly much older than anything I'd ever seen, but just plain beautiful. I could have stared at them all day. All in all, my entire European vacation was quite surreal -- I just couldn't get over the fact that I was there, seeing all these things.

Address: Munich, Marienplatz
Directions: via Tourist Office
Website: https://www.muenchen.de/rathaus/home_en/Tourist-Office/Service/Guided-Tours.html

• Written Aug 24, 2002

Comments

NineMiles

“Don`t take life too seriously -- you can`t come out of it alive.”

Have you been to Munich?