The Brass Lantern: "On the Gatlinburg Strip; nice waiter & great food" Gatlinburg Restaurant Tip by Darkeyedgirl

Gatlinburg Restaurants: 59 reviews and 47 photos

mmm... foooood
by Darkeyedgirl

We wandered in here for dinner on our first night in town. We got seated right away, our waiter was REALLY friendly and accomodating, and the food was awesome! I wanted a martini, and he really worked to get me a perfect Cosmo.

They had a nifty mix of lasagne, steaks, fishes, and veggies. Side items were plentiful, too. We didn't do dessert here (went next door to Aunt Mahalia's instead!) but dang the dessert menu looked SPLENDID.

The kids menu was nice, the atmosphere of the restaurant was casual yet upscale (for Gatlinburg). The location is perfect; not too far down on the Strip, and you can walk off that nice big dinner afterwards on your way back to your hotel.

Price was good, too.

Favorite Dish: "New" Southwestern Fried Catfish: Catfish filet dusted in cornmeal and lightly deep fried. Served over spicy Cole slaw and topped with chipotle honey sauce.

That was what I got! The spicy Cole Slaw was SPICY & that honey sauce is made on-premises, and oh-so good. I'll never view a catfish the same way again.

The Cosmo was pretty tasty, too. =-)

Kid's Menu:
10 YEARS AND UNDER INCLUDES...
Choice of Vegetable and any one entree below...
Spaghetti
Hamburger
Hot Dog
Grilled Cheese
Chicken Strips
Cheeseburger
Add a bowl of our tasty Ice Cream (Vanilla or Chocolate).

---- so the kids won't be picky; they have a nice selection and it's plentiful for hungry little bellies. Or hungry big bellies.

I think my fiance got the ribs?

Address: between stoplights 6 & 7 in downtown Gatty
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Brass Lantern Restaurant will be on your left between stop lights 6 and 7. On your right, if you're coming from the Mountains or NC area.
Phone: 865-436-4168
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.thebrasslanternrestaurant.com/home.html

• Written Apr 12, 2006

Comments

Darkeyedgirl Visits Here Frequently!

Darkeyedgirl

“Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”

Have you been to Gatlinburg?