"Miami is HOT." Miami Warnings Or Dangers Tip by ClariceStarling

Miami Warnings and Dangers: 52 reviews and 37 photos

Now, I know that Miami is hot and I realize this isn't a major "news flash" for anyone. I live in North Carolina, which is also known for its oppressive heat and humidity; however, nothing could have prepared me for the weather in Miami. We visited in mid-May and the temperatures averaged in the mid to upper 90's with extreme humidity and frequent thunderstorms. I was often drenched in sweat just from walking from the hotel to the car. I took several showers and I went through several different outfits each day. For example, on the first full day I was there, I had to change into outfit #2 just after breakfast. If I visit Miami again in the future, I would plan to return during a cooler month. Due to the heat, I don't feel that I was able to enjoy the trip as much I could have otherwise. There were so many fun things to do, but I found myself more motivated to seek air conditioning or dive into the pool.

• Updated Apr 6, 2006

More Warnings and Dangers in Miami (1)

Comments

ClariceStarling

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. ~St. Augustine”

Have you been to Miami?