"Great swimming pools, excelent value" Iberostar Sahara Beach Tip by stego

Iberostar Sahara Beach, Monastir: 3,967 reviews and 1 photos

Being a 3*, so cheap and so big (more than 500 rooms, I think), we weren't expecting much, but we had a really nice surprise!

The pools are something like I only had seen in the Caribean. Don't expect any luxury (the room where I staied had no TV, for instance) and the animation at night can be considered poor. I don't pay much attention to that, anyway.

Great for the kids, as the kids' animation staff does a great job, with free activities and guard all day long and show where every child can participate in the evening.

The beach is awsome, with clean and warm water and sand. We had many days with jellyfish, which was a major annoyance, but I guess that it was bad luck and the hotel can't be hold responsible for that.

Food ok, perhaps a little bit monotonous after 5 or 6 days in an all inclusive deal, nothing to remember for good or for bad.

After 08:30 it was difficult to get/reserve (with a towel) a chair and umbrella at the pools. The same for the beach a little bit later.

The staff was kind, if not allways very eficient.

There is a small mini-zoo in the gardens.

Unique Qualities: Swimming pools like I haven't seen anywhere else. And I have seen a couple of ones that impress me in Cuba and the Dominican Republic!

Great for kids.

Address: Route Toristique de Skanes
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +216 73 521 088
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.saharabeach.com.tn/

• Written Apr 3, 2006

Ranked Member

Have you been to Monastir?