"Paddy's Market" Top 5 Page for this destination Markets Tip by cjg1

Vendors galore
      Cheap jewelry items
      tons of stuffed Koalas
  • Paddy's Market - Sydney

This is a HUGE flea market type market in the basement of Market City in Chinatown. You can get EVERYTHING you would want to take home and at a discount. There are tons of vendors selling clothing, jewelry, toys, luggage, fruit, souvenirs, shoes, etc.

I have been here several times and admittedly do not always find something I need to have. It should be noted that the market is only open Thursday through Sunday.

What to buy: Any type of souvenir you need to bring home can be found here. Our most recent visit in 2010 we had a lot of requests for souvenirs for the family and friends back home. We bought baseball hats for my Father, myself, and my Father in law. We bought tee shirts for my brother in law and for one of our friends Daughter. I also purchases a stuffed kangaroo for my step-brother....he wanted one. A key chain and shot glasses were big request items and we found those in abundance at the market. Liz actually found some dresses here and for cheap.

What to pay: Inexpensive. The hats were $2 a piece. The shirts were $12. The key chains were $1.50 and the shot glasses were $3. Liz's dresses were $20. The stuffed kangaroo was $4.

Address: Haymarket
Theme: Local Craft
Website: http://www.paddysmarkets.com.au/

• Updated Jul 23, 2010

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Sydney?