"Empty Chairs - Holocaust Memorial" Top 5 Page for this destination Oslo Favorite Tip by yooperprof
Oslo General: 234 reviews and 263 photos
Favorite thing: These Empty Chairs sit at the Oslo harbor, in front of the wall for the Akerhus fortress. They are part of a modern installation commemorating the deportation of 750 Norwegian Jews from the city during the dark years of World War II. The Jews were kept here waiting for a ship to arrive that would eventually take them to Stettin, from which they would be sent directly to Auschwitz.
The Chairs are the work of British environmental artist Anthony Gormley.
More Reviews (93)
- See All University of Oslo - Blindern Campus
- See All Good Food, Good Vibe in Tøyen
- See All East (by Southeast) Hot Spot
- See All Gardermoen - Radisson Hotel
- See All Holocaust Museum - Quisling Residence
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Oslo?Share Your Travels