"Tawhai Falls in Tongariro National Park" New Zealand Off The Beaten Path Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand Off The Beaten Path: 233 reviews and 269 photos
As you drive towards Whakapapa village in Tongariro National Park, you'll see a small car park on the left. this is the trailhead for a short 20-minute walk to beautiful Tawhai Falls. We saw only one other couple the entire time we were there, watching the powerfal wates plunge 15 meters. Tawhai Falls are actually higher than the more toristy Huka Falls, but they certainly don't get the same attention.
More Off The Beaten Path in New Zealand (8)
More Reviews (37)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Go to the top of Skytower
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- See All South Island's Beaches Are Gar and Empty
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Our Vaorite Accommodation: Friends
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels