"Hamilton Gardens: Worth a Stop" New Zealand Off The Beaten Path Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand Off The Beaten Path: 233 reviews and 269 photos
We stopped by Hamilton Gardens on our drive back to Auckland, since we heard that there was a festival going on. Well, there wasn't anything much happening in the gardens, but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. Hamilton Garden is is a large well-landscaped and planted park with a greenhouse, but its most impressive aspect was its international garden section. We got to sample a Japanese Zen garden that brought back memories of Kyoto, a Chinese garden, an Italian Renaissance garden, and English country garden and, gasp, a 1960's-vintage Californian garden, complete with a fresco of Marilyn Monroe. It was a great place to get out of the car and stretch our legs.
More Off The Beaten Path in New Zealand (8)
More Reviews (37)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Go to the top of Skytower
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- See All South Island's Beaches Are Gar and Empty
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Our Vaorite Accommodation: Friends
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels