"A Driftwood Sculpture Competition in Hokitika" New Zealand Off The Beaten Path Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand Off The Beaten Path: 233 reviews and 269 photos
We wish we had heard about the driftwood sculpture competition on the beach at Hokitika, but we rolled into town a few days too late. Still, many of the remants of the sculptures were still standing despite days of wind and rain. Sadly, others were in ruins, but it created an interesting post-apocholyptic atmosphere as we wantered the beach in the setting sunlight. We had fun trying to deduce the original sculptures from the ruins, but even more fun admiring those structures that were still standing. Too bad we missed the competition's finest hours.
More Off The Beaten Path in New Zealand (8)
More Reviews (37)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Go to the top of Skytower
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- See All South Island's Beaches Are Gar and Empty
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Our Vaorite Accommodation: Friends
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels