"But Where To Park?" Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Tourist Trap Tip by lmkluque

Coronado Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 3 photos

Parking Lot at Hotel del Coronado
by lmkluque

It is our advice that you will need a car to get around in San Diego.

However, in Coronado parking is sometimes difficult to find near the desired location and when there is plenty of parking, the price is dear.

The two places that I think of when I think of "hard to find" parking spaces are the Hotel del and the Coronado Beach. Parking at the beach is free, but finding a spot might take half the day unless you park several blocks away.

At the Hotel Del, the charge is high so you either pay it or park some distance away.

Unique Suggestions: The Hotel Del offers Valet parking--expensive--and a back parking lot--also expensive.

Finding a parking spot near the hotel is time consuming as there is much competition with beach goers who park for hours on end in spaces near the Hotel.

My method is to have faith someone will want to leave when I arrive and I will drive around the block a few times until that person shows up. Many of you may scoff at this but I know you haven't any faith. I've actually made doubters--including a loving husband--get out of my car while I went around the block and sure enough, without the negative energy fumming, a space opens up.

Fun Alternatives: If driving on faith is not your cup of tea, take the bus or walk or rent a bik at the Ferry Landing and ride it. Of course then you'll have the problem of where to park the bike.

Thank goodness that Coronado is small enough to get around by walking.

• Updated Oct 31, 2011

Comments

lmkluque Visits Here Frequently!

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Have you been to Coronado?