"Wine Tasting in Bleinheim" New Zealand Things to Do Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand Things to Do: 1,195 reviews and 1,690 photos
While there are lots of great areas for wine-tasting in New Zealand, we only had time to stop in Bleinheim. Unfortunately, by the time we arrived in Blenheim that day, it was 4 p.m. and, much to our surprise, most vineyards close around 4:30. We stopped at the visitor center and found out that one of the vineyards whose wines we had learned to enjoy over past two weeks was open until 5:00 p.m. -- Montana -- so we opted to go there.
It was an extremely windy day -- to the point where some of Montana's grape plants had been blown out of the soil, so we didn't get to enjoy tasting on Montana's nice patio. BUt we did get to sample about 8 wines a piece for a small fee. We like the Sauvignon Blancs so much that we bought a couple of bottles to carry home.
The woman who helped us taste was pregnant. To have her job and not be able to sample the wine must be difficult. It was delicious.
Directions: Southeast of town on Route 1.
More Things to Do in New Zealand (15)
More Reviews (30)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Okains Bay: Small & Overlooked on Banks...
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- See All South Island's Beaches Are Gar and Empty
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Our Vaorite Accommodation: Friends
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels