"Expensive parking" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Transportation Tip by matcrazy1
Georgetown Transportation: 4 reviews and 5 photos
Georgetown is located northeast of downtown Washington, some 2.4 km (1.5 miles) from the White House and 5.5 km (3.4 mi) from the Union Station. If you drive a car keep in mind that It may be difficult to park a car on a street in central part of Georgetown.
- read carefully parking signs put along a street you are going to park,
- in Georgetown parking on a street was limited to 2 hours Monday to Saturday 9.30 am - 4.00 pm and 6.30 pm - 10.00 pm and paid in a parkometer (get change ready)
- I've seen tickets put behind windshield wiper of cars whose drivers didn't pay
- I've never seen cars parked where it was not allowed (they are towed away, I've seen cars ready to tow them), hmm... in European cities it often works quite different :-(
- Georgetown tends to be a bit more expensive for parking than downtown Washington, DC; look at the prices in my picture ($18 per day, expensive? it's half the Californian price from downtown San Francisco in 2003!)
- check the opening hours of the parking lot (some are closed at night!)
- check how to pay for the parking (in some automatic parking lots you have to have change ready to pay and be let out).
Phone: +1 (202) 337 1006
Type: Car/Motor Home