"Know the color of the Subways In Boston" T - subway Tip by Song_of_Sunshine

T - subway, Boston: 116 reviews and 101 photos

The subways are color-coded. The GREEN LINE runs near the Boston Public Gardens (green like gardens), the RED LINE runs through Harvard and Cambridge area (school color for Harvard is a variation of RED) and the BLUE LINE runs along the Bay. For the life of me I cannot remember the significance, if any, of the ORANGE LINE> I just know it went to Jamaica Plains and connected with the GREEN LINE on Mass Ave. PEOPLE CAN BE VERY FRIENDLY. I made friends quickly in Boston, but I gave them plenty of time to get used to my Southern ways. I won them over with my bar-b-qued chicken (cooked on the roof top overlooking BackBay) and my potatoe salad). SELL YOUR CAR> you won't need it in Boston and parking is outrageous. For a tandom space (first in, last out), 4 blocks away from my apartment, they wanted $250 a month. AND, my employer paid me $200 to take the T. No brainer. I saved almost $1000 a month by getting rid of the car, the insurance, the gas bill, the maintenance and the gym membership. It was great to be a pedistrian in Boston. BUT WATCH OUT IN THE CROSSWALK. I saw someone get run over by a BMW driver, IN THE CROSSWALK. Walk defensively.

Mode: AROUND
othercontact: Boston Metro
Phone: (617) 222-3200
Type: Subway/Metro
Website: http://mbta.com/

• Written Mar 14, 2006

Comments

Song_of_Sunshine

“Make time to understand the culture BEFORE u go”

Ranked Member