"A Great Night Sky" New Zealand Favorite Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand General: 375 reviews and 341 photos
Favorite thing: Coming from a very urban/suburban area, we were very impressed with New Zealand's night sky. Every chance we got we stood and admired the Milky Way and the millions of stars arching across the heavans. Being from the northern hemisphere, many of the stars were unfamiliar to us and the ones we recognized were in different places. But they were all beautiful and bright and we couldn't remember the last time we had seen so many.
One of the best reasons to camp is you are generally away from any light pollution and you get several chances to look up -- especially if you leave the tent in the middle of the night.
More General in New Zealand (1)
More Reviews (44)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Go to the top of Skytower
- See All Okains Bay: Small & Overlooked on Banks...
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Our Vaorite Accommodation: Friends
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels