Nelson Lakes National Park: "Camping by the Lake" New Zealand Hotel Tip by AKtravelers
New Zealand Hotels: 302 reviews and 273 photos
The campground at New Zealand's Nelson Lakes National Park may be small, but it is within sight of a beautiful mountain lake and that makes all the difference. We walked to the lakeshore as the last light was leaving the sky and we went to the shore for breakfast the next day. And at all times we could see the lake and mountains from our tent. So, while the campground itself was essentially an open field ringed with sites, we enjoyed it anyway.
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (42)
- See All New Zealand -- Not Always an Ecotourism...
- See All Go to the top of Skytower
- See All Okains Bay: Small & Overlooked on Banks...
- Sleeping in Lamb Skins
- See All Don't Drive over 110 km/hr
- See All South Island's Beaches Are Gar and Empty
- New Zealanders love to boat
- See All Kaikoura = Eat Seafood!
- Bizarre but Tasty Chocolate in...
- See All Driving on the Left
- Auckland's Harbour -- Full of Nighttime...
Been to New Zealand?Share your travels with the world!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to New Zealand?Share Your Travels