""Ansoo lake" and "Sat Sri Mala"" Top 5 Page for this destination Ansoo Lake & Sat Sri Mala Tip by fashionapple
Ansoo Lake & Sat Sri Mala, Naran: 4 reviews and 2 photos
"Ansoo" and "Sat Sri Mala" lakes were discovered in 2001. Their post card pictures are available at many shops in main Naran bazar. In order to visit these lakes one has to hike, trekk and camp.
Security guard as well as tourist guide are required to visit these lakes becayse they are in for off deserted and dangerous areas. Ansoo lake is in shape of eye and most of its water is freezed but a portion of it looks like "tear" from far off place. Ansoo means tear so thats why this lake has been named as Ansoo lake.
My cousin went there last year at they had to reach at a peak 14,000 (4,267 m) feet above sea level to just view this lake. It took them six hour to reach that peak from where one can view Ansoo lake. According to my cousin lake was not visible because of heavy fog and snow all around. He recommened that no one should plan a trip to Ansoo lake atleast because its just waste of time.
Another lake about which I came to know is "Sat Sri Mala". "Sat" means seven in local language. These are seven different lakes in steps. Water from each lake falls in the next one, thats why named it Sat Sri Mala. Sounds exotic na?
More Off The Beaten Path in Naran (1)
More Reviews (33)
- See All Waterfalls
- See All Non-Alchoholic wine and ...
- See All Bring all necessary medicines
- List of MUST items for Kaghan Valley
- Namdas and Carved Walnut handicrafts
- PTDC Luxury Bus Service
- See All Delicious food at Erum Hotel, Naran
- See All Hiking and Trekking in Kaghan valley
- Do not shake hand with women
- Be aware of rent-a-jeep brokers...
- See All Royal Hotel, Naran
Been to Naran?Share your travels with the world!
fashionapple's Related Pages
Explore the World
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon Hotels
- Port Kent
- Black Rock Mountain State Park Hotels
- Lamu Island
- Province of Ilocos Sur Hotels
- Cagayan de Oro
- Bamberg Hotels
- Lago di Varese Hotels
- Stary Smokovec
- Santa Maria de L'Estany Hotels
Have you been to Naran?Share Your Travels