"Visit Bang-Kao fishing village" Ko Samui Off The Beaten Path Tip by austarman

The road to Baan Bang-Kao
      The road to Baan Bang-Kao
      Bang-Kao beach.
    by austarman
      " Do you think he bites?"
      Me walking along Bang-Kao beach
      Ooi on Bang-Kao beach
    by austarman

Bang Khao is basically a small fishing village about 10km south along the coast from Lamai.
It is not on any of the main roads so unless you are on a moter-bike or you hire a car you will probably not see it.
You can have a fantstic seafood lunch here (see my restaurant page) at the seafood restaurant and afterwards walk along the beach, and even have a swim to cool off.
The view from the Ban Bang-Kao seafood restaurant looking out to sea at smaller islands to the south is very beautiful.
After we had lunch there was hardly a soul around on the beach apart from a couple of local children playing and a couple of fishermen away in the distance.
It is such a peaceful, beautiful beach compared to Chaweng or Lamai.
The beaches here are lined with coconut trees which are both beautiful and dangerous.
People are known to be badly hurt by falling coconuts as my friend Ooi is pointing out to me as I took her photo. (behind)
The feature photo was just one of many beautiful coconut lined roads that I rode my moterbike along on my way to Ban Bang-Kao for my seafood lunch.
The monkey in the photo underneath is a coconut gathering monkey that is having an afternoon break.
It was such a great ride to get to Bang-Kao restuarant,and only about an an hour from Chaweng riding very slowly and stopping off a couple of times
Worth the day trip for sure.

• Updated Mar 12, 2006

austarman Visits Here Frequently!

“"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"”

Have you been to Ko Samui?