"Interesting places to see in the area" Gripsholm Off The Beaten Path Tip by sim1
Gripsholm Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
• Eskilstuna: not a real tourist destination, but it has some nice places. My favourite of all is the Fors Kyrka (Fors Church). Also worth visiting is the Klosterkyrka, sculpture 'Hand of God' by Miles, the historic area of "Rademachersmedjorna" and the museum "Faktorimuseet".
• Tidö slott: A beautiful castle with a toy museum.
• Ängsö Castle: A haunted castle from the 15th century and one if the many smaller castles in this area.
• Strängnäs: one of Sweden's oldest towns. The highlight of this city is its beautiful cathedral.
• Västerås: is one of the top 10 cities of Sweden. Suggestions: visit the park (Djäkneberget), interesting for the many boulders with inscriptions. The old part of town with historical houses at Kyrkbacken and the Cathedral.
• Örebro: is an university city and the 7th largest city in Sweden. Places to see are castle from the 13th century and Wadköping, which is the old town and now open air museum.
You can also read more about this area on my Mälaren page