"King's Dining Room" Top 5 Page for this destination Monument to the Ghetto Uprising Tip by matcrazy1
Monument to the Ghetto Uprising, Warsaw: 114 reviews and 380 photos
The King's Dining Room in the Royal Castle is full of old paintings hung on walls but the most interesting is wooden decorative floor and a few items: clock put on a post above a fire and a mysterious device hung on a wall which was probably meteorological station of those times; it included a thermometer and closk showing both time and weather.
The whole self-guided tour along the Great Apartment, the King's Apartment and temporary exhibition took me about 1 and half hour and it was enough time. You may take next self-guided tour (about 1 hour) included the Courtiers Lodgings, the Apartment of Crown Prince Stanisław, the Houses of Parliament, and the Crown Prince's Chambers. The Castle Gardens are under renovations now (February 2006) but it will be next option hopefully soon.
Address: Plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warszawa, Polska
Directions: In the southern edge of the Old Town. Map here (Zamek Krolewski) or here
othercontact: Fax: +48 (22) 635 72 60
Phone: +48 (22) 657 21 70
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels