"The Old Audience Room" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Royal Castle, Warsaw: 69 reviews and 181 photos
This large room has especially beautiful floor and ceiling with painting ny Bacciarelli in the middle. Designed by Domenico Merlini in 1776-77 was initially set up for royal audiences. Famous Marcello Bacciarelli painted the allegories of the royal virtues of "Strength, Belief, Reason, and Justice" placed above the doors, as well as the ceiling painting: "The Flourishing of the Arts, Sciences, Agriculture, and Trade."
The eagle above the mirror and hundreds other elements are original and have been incorporated in the room walls. The throne is original, but its decorations are not.
Address: Plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warszawa, Polska
Directions: In the southern edge of the Old Town. Map here (Zamek Krolewski) or here
othercontact: Fax: +48 (22) 635 72 60
Phone: +48 (22) 657 21 70
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels