"The Throne Room" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Royal Castle, Warsaw: 69 reviews and 181 photos
This impressive and highly decorated room was carefully restored in 1970' with hundreds of original fragments of panelling and stucco-work. The reproduction silver eagles embroidere on the backdrop of the throne.
The entire ensemble of royal artists worked on this room, including Jan Bogumil Plersch, Domenico Merlini, and Jan Christian Kamsetzer.
The panelling by Victor Louis, was purchased in Paris. The two marble fireplaces came from Rome. There are also two beautiful console tables with mosaic tops, and the four statues of ancient statesmen and military leaders by Angelo Puccinelli.
Address: Plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warszawa, Polska
Directions: In the southern edge of the Old Town. Map here (Zamek Krolewski) or here
othercontact: Fax: +48 (22) 635 72 60
Phone: +48 (22) 657 21 70
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels