"What to wear...." Clothing Tip by Birsen

Clothing, Istanbul: 9 reviews and 7 photos

In ftont of Topkapi Palace
by Birsen

Istanbul has all the seasons like winter, spring, summer and fall. So check the weather report before your visit.

The city is with more than 14 million people and very cosmopolite. Unlike some other muslim countries woman and man wear very modern clothings. I have seen in my last trips all of the famous brands thay have their own shops in Istanbul.

My suggestion is when you go to shopping or walking in the crowds wear more sport clothings, more modest you know... ( like a jean with jacket but not a leather one from D&G) When you go out for the night clubbing or dinner where more young people go out so you can wear short skirt or tank top if it is hot. For a man I think it is much easier to put on clothings.

In the mosques woman need to cover her head with cloth. Usually they give you at the entrance (it has to be free but I am not sure) I am a bit picky on higienic so I carry with me if I am going to visit one of these places. Man doesn't need to put any thing. Also you have to take out your shoes outside and leave them outside so If you wear comfortable shoes to take out it will be better for you. I carry also a plastic shopping bag to put my shoes in and carry with me when I visit a big mosque where so many people around. I am sorry I might be a bit paranoid but i can not help it :))

Website: http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=istanbul

• Updated Jul 18, 2012

More Local Customs in Istanbul (1)

Comments

Birsen Used To Live Here!

Birsen

“Ars Longa Vita Brevis”

Have you been to Istanbul?