"Royal Castle building" Top 5 Page for this destination Royal Castle Tip by matcrazy1
Royal Castle, Warsaw: 69 reviews and 181 photos
The pink building of the Royal Castle (Zamek Krolewski) rebuilt in 1970' is probably the best known landmark of Warsaw. From the outside it is a simple, huge five-wing early Baroque structure with a tall clock-tower. It's painted in unique colour but... looks somewhat strange down (not up) the Castle Square and adjacent to more beautiful, decorative tenement houses. The front tower is called the Sigismund's Tower or Clock Tower after the closk installed in 1622.
For unknown reasons it's called a castle instead of palace. There are no defensive bastions, towers, no moats and other defensive stractures typical for every castle. Probably the first wooden structure on this place (seat of Masovian dukes) built in 14th century looked more castle-like.
Address: Plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warszawa, Polska
Directions: In the southern edge of the Old Town and at the northern ent of the Royal Way (Krakowskie Przedmiescie St.). Map here (Zamek Krolewski).
Phone: +48 (22) 657 21 70
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels