"Jews, Slovaks and others in the Uprising 1944" Top 5 Page for this destination Monument to the Ghetto Uprising Tip by matcrazy1
Monument to the Ghetto Uprising, Warsaw: 114 reviews and 380 photos
There is an exhibit titled "Foreigners in the Rising" and "Persistance" on the second floor of the Warsaw Uprising Museum.
I've got to know that apart from Poles volunteers of many other nationalites took part in the Uprising. The most numerous were Jews. Slovaks formed own platoon which also included Georgians, Ormians, Azerbeijani, Czechs and Ukrainians. Add a dozen or so French and Hungarians, a few Belgians, Dutch, Greeks, Englishmen and Italians, and one Romanian and Australian.
If you are interested in holocaust and Jews I recommend to read the following books by Wladyslaw Bartoszewski:
1. "The blood shed unites us: Pages from the history of help to the Jews in occupied Poland."
2. "Above divisions: Selected speeches and interviews : July-December 2000."
3. "The Warsaw Ghetto - A Christian's Testimony."
4. "Surviving Treblinka."
Address: Ul. Grzybowska 79, 00-844 Warszawa; Polska
Directions: In centre - some 1.3 km northwest of Central Railway Station. Entrance and parking in Przyokopowa St. (one-way: only northward traffic). Map here
Phone: +48 (22) 539 79 01
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels