"Place of Remembrance" Top 5 Page for this destination Monument to the Ghetto Uprising Tip by matcrazy1
Monument to the Ghetto Uprising, Warsaw: 114 reviews and 380 photos
There is the Place of Remembrance in the Warsaw Uprising Musuem: the three reconstructed, symbolic graves and tall metal structures with pictures of a few victims of the Uprising. The hand writing on a piece of stone or wood put on a grave say: "burried" or "35 burned." One grave decorated with the Polish national flag and military helmet belongs to the Home Army soldier.
The Old Town was conquered back by Germans in the beginning of September. At night about 4,500 soldiers of the Home Army walked to the downtown using canals. But most of 35,000 civillians who stayed in the Old Town were killed by Nazis in the following days.
Address: Ul. Grzybowska 79, 00-844 Warszawa; Polska
Directions: In centre - some 1.3 km northwest of Central Railway Station. Entrance and parking in Przyokopowa St. (one-way: only northward traffic). Map here
Phone: +48 (22) 539 79 01
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels