Mortons Steakhouse: "A steak to die for!" Toronto Restaurant Tip by jamiesno

Toronto Restaurants: 830 reviews and 878 photos

It's very hard to put into words when you have possibly one of the best steaks of your life. Up to the time of my visit to Morton's, Queue de Cheval in Montreal and Le Charbon in Montreal where by far the best steakhouses I had ever tried and then there was Morton's.

The restaurant in Toronto is right across the street from the Four Seasons hotel so it was a short walk. In any event the service here is great. There is a bar downstairs on the main floor where they make great Martini's and they serve little steak sandwiches to keep your stomach from growling.

The eating area is great and for private functions you can get what they call the boardroom. This is where I ate at my visit and they treat you really good there. It's quieter as well and condusive to a business type of dinner.

Favorite Dish: THE FOOD! I ate a lobster appetizer, the Cajun Ribeye Steak was was melted in my mouth and for dessert I had a chocolate mouse cake with raspberries. I can't beleive I ate the cake after the steak and trimmings, but I did, LOL.

Address: 4 Avenue Road
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Park Hyatt Hotel
4 Avenue Road at Prince Arthur (just north of Bloor Street)
Toronto, Canada M5R2E8

Phone: 416-925-0648
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Mar 1, 2006

“Little by little, one travels far. J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)”

Have you been to Toronto?