"Madame Tussauds" Madame Tussauds London Tip by MishyM

Madame Tussauds London, London: 143 reviews and 207 photos

Madame Tussauds really is a great place to go in London, with children, or even just adults! In fact adults will probably enjoy it more than the children, as they will know who all the people are - although most of the children I saw there were just fascinated by the fact that the people were made of wax - they look so life like!

Good points:
-As I mentioned before, the wax people look really life like! (Especially Jamie Oliver)
-Once you are in, there is so much to see, and a really great atmosphere!
-'The Chamber' is pretty great, I know my mother was pretty scared, so maybe it isn?t for the faint hearted amongst us, but it's like a ghost train, only actually scary! (and you walk through it)
-At Christmas they dress up the wax figures which can look pretty funny - George Bush with a santa hat on!

Bad points:
-Ridiculously long lines - It took us at least an hour, if not an hour and a half to go in, and that wasn?t even on a weekend. I really wouldn?t recommend you go on the weekend, and I am sure the lines will be even longer.
-It is quite expensive - but then again most things in London are. I do think it is worth it though, as something you should do when you are in London.

Opening hours:
Weekdays: 9.30 am - 5.30 pm
Weekends: 9.00am - 6.00 pm

Full Prices list: http://www.madame-tussauds.co.uk/planyourvisit_openingtimespricing.asp
Adults: 23.99 pounds (inc chamber) 21.99 pounds (without)
Children: 19.99 Pounds (in chamber) 17.99 pounds (without)

A good tip is that if you go between 5pm-6pm the prices drop dramatically - 15 pounds for adults and 10 for children!

All in all it is a lot of fun, but quite expensive!

Address: Marylebone Road, NW1
Directions: Baker Street tube
Phone: +44 871 894 3000
Website: http://www.madame-tussauds.com

• Updated Feb 27, 2006

MishyM Lives Here!

“"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller”

Have you been to London?