Cafe Schweizerkonditoriet: "Time for some Fika! (Coffee break)" Top 5 Page for this destination Stockholm Restaurant Tip by sim1

Stockholm Restaurants: 396 reviews and 471 photos

by sim1

• - Stockholm
      Apple strudel
    by sim1
  • - Stockholm

Cafe Schweizerkonditoriet is one of the many coffee places in the Gamla Stan in Stockholm. It is located on the Våsterlånggatan, the major tourist street in Stockholm. I normally don't spend so much time in the Västerlånggatan as I find it far too touristy, but this time I happened to be here when having a strong craving for a hot cup of coffee. I guess this is a tourist trap as the prices are over the top. But at the same time I did enjoy sitting here with my coffee and cake.

The Cafe Schweizerkonditoriet is a relaxing place, where the staff and guests have decorated the walls with lots of texts and personal messages. The coffee tasted good, but the added marshmallows in my cup of Cappuccino seemed a bit overdoing it and I could have happily lived without. It seemed odd, so out went the marshmallow as soon as the coffee arrived.

Of course we ordered something sweet to go with our coffees, a 'kanelbulle' (cinnamon bun) for my husband, which was huge and delicious! I ordered a piece of Apple strudel, which was slightly warmed and served with a vanilla sauce on the side. The piece of cake was huge and good tasting!

Besides cakes they also have a huge assortment of sandwiches and pies, which seemed all freshly made and a great option for a quick lunch or snack when feeling hungry after doing sightseeing in town.

Address: Västerlånggatan 9, Stockholm
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Coffee place on the Västerlånggatan in the Gamla Stan, close to the Mynttorget and the Riksdagshuset.
Phone: 08-4115177
Price: N/A
Rating: 4
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Updated Oct 26, 2013

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM

:-) This sounds like another addition to "From cake to cake through Sweden" :-)

• sim1's Profile Photo
      Oct 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Yes it was!! I always think back to that cold snowy but wonderful day when I am on the big square and see that restaurant :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
      Oct 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Oh yes :-)) It was a fantastic day :-) I miss these huge floating snow flakes..... etc

sim1 Visits Here Frequently!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Stockholm?