"Minute Maid Park - The Juice Box!" Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Sports & Outdoors Tip by H-TownJourneyman
Houston Sports & Outdoors: 23 reviews and 35 photos
Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros, is located in downtown Houston. It was opened in 2000 as Enron Field (which we would just assume forget!), becoming the Astros first new stadium since the Astrodome. The stadium seats just under 41,000, and is one of the few baseball stadiums in North America with a retractable roof, which comes in handy during Houston's sweltering summers, as well as frequent thunder storms! The stadium was built at the old site of Union Station, the city's old central train depot, which lives on in the form of a replica 19th century train that is set up above the outfield wall, and runs along it's tracks whenever the Astros hit a homerun! Much of the decor of the stadium also has the throwback feel of stadiums past, but also with modern features such as state of the art electronic and sound systems, and a fabulous club level and luxury boxes. The Juice Box, as it is nicknamed, also hosts many events and concerts throughout the year, along with Astros games over the summer. It is an excellent stadium to watch a baseball game, or any event that may be taking place there!
Address: 501 Crawford
Directions: Located on the east side of downtown, directly beside Hwy 59, and just north of the George R. Brown Convention Center
Metrorail stop - Preston St.
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (96)
- See All Fancy-Schmancy Downtown Nightclub
- See All Restaurant, Brewery, Sports Bar: Call It...
- See All Old World Style In Downtown Houston!
- See All Houston Turkish Festival
- See All The Port Of Houston/Houston Ship Channel
- See All Mega Mall of The Woodlands
- See All The Historic Rice Hotel Building
- So You're Traveling To Houston?!
- Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!
- Space Center Houston - This is NASA?
- See All Beware Of The Speed Traps!
- See All Choose Hobby Airport
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels