Continental Flambe: "Upscale dining in a sleepy town" Melbourne Restaurant Tip by LittleLea

Melbourne Restaurants: 39 reviews and 29 photos

I've categorized this restaurant as French because the majority of the staff is French, but their menu is a range of continental European fare, from French to Italian. A fixed menu with a modest price ($25) with a nice romantic atmosphere. My boyfriend and I found this restaurant completely by accident while on our way to our typical dive "meg O'Malleys"... seeing that it looked busy through the windows, we decided to try it out instead.

We were so glad we did. Open since 96, they are located in the heart of old downtown Melbourne right next to the railroad tracks. Lots of big yellow umbrella tables outside, cant be missed.

The food was excellent, I had the goat cheese salad for my starter, followed my veal scallopini and bananas foster for dessert. While my boyfriend had the escargot, chicken parmagian and creme brulet. They also serve an authentic Irish coffee with the coffee and cream seperated in a clear glass. No cheesy green food colored whipped cream here folks!

Favorite Dish: The escargot was devine!
MASSIVE wine list.

Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: old downtown Melbourne, near Meg O' Malleys, next to the railroad crossing.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: French

• Written Feb 16, 2006

LittleLea's Related Pages

LittleLea Lives Here!

“Travel to Eat”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Melbourne?