"Monument to the strongman" Top 5 Page for this destination Old Town Tip by matcrazy1
Old Town, Warsaw: 138 reviews and 305 photos
This human size statue of a strongman throwing a stone stands in the middle of green space at the sothern end of Brzozowa street. I didn't see it there a few years ago. I don't know what's the idea behind this statue but one can learn anatomy looking at torso and musles of this guy with somewhat too long feet, longer than mine as I checked.
The guy rather isn't artistic vision of "Sisyphean task" or "Sisyphean challenge" as Sisyphus in Greek mithology was compelled to roll a big stone up a steep hill not to throw it. It's neither Greek Mars nor Roman Ares (mithological gods of war) as these strong Gods are usually shown proudly standing or fighting in ancient armour. So, it must be something local, Polish. Glorification of force or maybe hard work which can change the world? There is no information at place.
More Things to Do in Warsaw (98)
More Reviews (165)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels