"Real Value for Money" Royal Plaza On Scotts Tip by maac56

Royal Plaza On Scotts, Singapore: 3,934 reviews and 4 photos

I stayed for 5 nights in Sept 2005. Although the Hotel may not look impressive from the outside, this impression changes as soon as you pass through the Entrance doors. The foyer is very welcoming and the staff i met were very nice and accomodating.

Check-in took a few minutes and was quite painless. The receptionist was very nice and offered me a nice welcome to Singapore.

The bedroom was roomy and although the view was nothing to write home about, this was made up for by the facilities and of course the inclusive mini bar. My luggage arrived a few minutes after i arrived in the room. The porter was extremely helpful and offered to show me where everything was in the room.

The hotel house cleaning called to ask if everything was OK with my room, which of course it was.

I did mention that some of the drinks in the mini-bar were not to my liking and they made sure for the rest of my stay they were replaced with other drinks that i liked. It was a little touch that i appreciated. What i did notice was 'only' the drinks that i had used were replaced, so for the remainder of my stay i made sure the minibar was empty.

Room service was very good and the prices very very good compared to what i would expect to pay at home in Ireland.

The bathroom was in my opinion a little dated, but this in no way took away from the excellent value for money this hotel offers. There was ample soap and lotions.

Unique Qualities: This Hotel is ideally placed for shopping on Orchard Road, a few minutes walking and you are in shoppers paradise, but be warned you'll shop until you drop.

Address: 25 SCOTTS RD, Singapore 228220 null
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Just off Orchard Road
Phone: +65 6737 7966
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.royalplaza.com.sg

• Written Feb 15, 2006

More Hotels in Singapore (1)

Comments

maac56's Related Pages

maac56

“Visit where the locals live and sample their way of life.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Singapore?