"Tower of London : Tip 12" Top 5 Page for this destination London Warnings Or Dangers Tip by sourbugger
London Warnings and Dangers: 667 reviews and 459 photos
Back in Victorian times, the Tower was being visited by over half a million people a year, and a special building had to be erected to sort out tickets.
Nowadays as a major tourist draw and UNESCO site the numbers easily top 2 million a year. During the summer it must be quite horrendous. I visited as part of the VT London meeting in January, and it was not it the least bit crowded. So turn up at bang on 9AM in the morning, and avoid the summer months if you don't want to feel like part of an ant colony on the move.
The Jewel house inparticular has adopted all the crowd control techniques of the Disney corporation. There are yards and yards of zig-zags to walk around, and just when you think you are at the end...you enter another room with acres of zig-zags. Finally, when you actually get to the Queen's trinkits, you are moved only a slow moving walkway to gently glide past Liz's best jewellery.
More Warnings and Dangers in London (22)
More Reviews (265)
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels